This page offers some general information for people who are interested in working for Relationships Aotearoa.
You will find information about current vacancies here.
Working for Relationships Aotearoa
If you're interested in working for Relationships Aotearoa, this will give you an idea of some guidelines we usually apply when employing people.
All staff are expected to become familiar with our Code of Ethics and to work within those principles.
We conduct a police check for all staff. This covers convictions and protection or restraining orders. We do not employ people who have convictions for sexual crimes or for any offence involving the harm or exploitation of children.
For counsellors we usually expect:
Our staff usually join one of the following:
Follow the links to these websites to find out about criteria for membership and the level of training these associations expect.
For Administrative Staff we usually expect:
- You will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook and Access databases.
- You will be highly accurate at data entry
- You will be able to manage well organised office systems and be able to move easily between a variety of tasks.
- You will demonstrate the warmth and interpersonal skills to meet and greet a wide range of people both on the phone and in person. You will be able to stay calm and professional when clients are stressed, upset or frustrated.
- You will have a commitment to biculturalism and work in a way that reflects the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
For Area Managers we usually expect:
Strong skills in Excel and Word, sound skills in Internet and email use, ability to use Access, Powerpoint
If you are interested in working for a Relationships Aotearoa office and there is no vacancy advertised here, the person you need to contact is the Area Manager for the office concerned. See Contact Us for contact details.